What We Collect.We collect Personal Data that you provide on our websites, on applications and on third-party websites and offline in connection with any inquiries, reservations, or rentals you make in relation to our services. We may collect your Personal Data directly or through our service providers, licensees, and booking channel providers.
Types of Information Collected.May include but is not limited to:
- Personal information:
Name Email Address Date of birth Phone number Address Passport number Employer Driver´s license
- Technologically derived information:
IP address date and time of a visit device ID number of links and specific links you click within our websites browser type functions you use on our websites operating system any reservations, updates, purchases, or other transactions through our websites geo-location data data you view or download from our websites specific webpages visited number of times you view any particular advertisements
- Rental Information:
booking location payment card information rental location preferences and usage information return location purchase prices and details charges incurred video of your interaction with us data related to claims loyalty program details itinerary information
- Vehicle Telematic Information: We may use the in-vehicle data systems to collect data about the vehicle’s condition, it’s performance (including mileage, fuel and other operational data) and the driver’s operation of the vehicle during their rental for safety, security and claims management reasons and may retain this data as necessary for these purposes. We also have the ability to track the vehicle’s location throughout the duration of a rental, although we will only access this information in circumstances where the driver is in breach of the rental agreement, by failing to return the vehicle on time or by driving into unauthorised territories.
small text files which let you navigate between pages efficiently, remember your preferences, help us understand how this website is
performing and generally improve your browsing experience. Cookies can also help to ensure the advertising you see online is more
relevant to you.
Generally, our cookies preform the following functions;
- Offline Information Collection:
Calls to or from our reservation, customer service centers. transactions you complete with us, or our Franchisees including options you take, charges you incur and any incidents or accidents that may occur. interactions with our various Franchisees when you join our loyalty programs. In-person at rental locations. consumer reporting agencies and other companies that have business relationships with us, such as our Franchisees and business partners, including airlines, hotels, and insurance companies. in-vehicle or in-equipment technology or through other telematic devices. reservations you make with us through Franchisees, travel agents or brokers, online or in-person. in connection with a reservation (even an abandoned or interrupted reservation), a rental of a vehicle or equipment. Claims Management service providers (either affiliated directly with us or operated by a third party).
- Personal information:
Purpose of Information Collected.Below we have set out the various purposes for which we process your Personal Data. We have also set out the legal grounds for the processing of your Personal Data for each purpose:
- OPERATIONS: We may use your Personal Data to provide you with the services or products you request from us and to perform other activities related to such services or products, including billing and collection prior to or following a rental, or to communicate with you regarding (i) any reservation you initiate or rental transaction; (ii) your membership/status in our loyalty program; or (iii) changes to the terms or features of our loyalty program to which you may belong. Legal Basis: to perform our contract with you or to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract with you.
- OUR MARKETING: We may use your Personal Data to provide you with marketing information, special offers and promotions via various means, including e-mail, in accordance with applicable law. Legal Basis: on the basis of your consent. However, where permitted by applicable law we may lawfully use your Personal Data to send you such marketing communications (including via email) for these marketing purposes where necessary for our legitimate interests, which include promoting our products and services, special offers and promotions which may be of interest to you. You can unsubscribe from receiving such messages at any time by contacting us utilizing the contact details in Section F. below, as well as the unsubscribe link in each e-mail message. Please note that if you exercise these choices, you will continue to receive communications concerning your account and products and services you requested, and in response to any requests for information by you. Please also note that this process may take some time to complete, consistent with applicable law.
- THIRD PARTY MARKETING: We may also share your Personal Data with a sponsor or other third party that provides you with special offers or promotions that may be of interest to you (“Third Party Provider”) where permitted. Legal Basis: on the basis of your consent. You may instruct us at any time not to share your Personal Data covered by this Policy with such Third Party Providers where you have previously consented. Please note that (i) this process may take some time to complete, consistent with applicable law; and (ii) even after such process is completed, your personal and other information may continue to be shared with our Franchisees, and designated service providers in accordance with this Policy.
- NORMAL COURSE OF BUSINESS: We may also process your Personal Data and other information should such processing be
- to comply with the law or in response to a subpoena, court order, law enforcement request, or other legal process; Legal Basis: where it is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
- to protect the interests, rights, safety, or property of us or others Legal Basis: where it is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
- to enforce any terms of service on our websites or the terms and conditions of any rental, purchase, or utilization; Legal Basis: for our legitimate interests, which are to protect us and enforce such terms of service or terms and conditions.
- as part of a business transaction where all or some of our assets are bought, sold, or otherwise transferred by act of law or contract; and Legal Basis: for our and third parties’ legitimate interests.
- to operate our systems properly. Legal Basis: for our legitimate interests, which are the proper running of our systems and our business in order to provide our products and services to you and other customers.
- TELEMATICS: We may use in-vehicle data systems to collect data about the vehicle’s position, condition and
performance during your rental. Use may include:
- to collect data relating the vehicle’s condition and performance during the rental (including vehicle damage, mileage, fuel use and other operational data) to improve the accuracy of our billing processes on return of the vehicle. Legal Basis: for our legitimate interests to ensure accurate charging for your uses of the vehicle, including for fuel and damage, during your rental.
- to collect data relating to the driver’s operation of the vehicle during the rental for safety, security and claims management reasons, including to contact the renter if the data suggests there is a security, safety or operational issue that we need to bring to your attention. Legal Basis: for our legitimate interests to enable us to defend and manage claims arising out of accidents involving the rental vehicle; to ensure we meet our safety and security obligations in relation to the vehicle and each rental.
- to track the vehicle’s location throughout the duration of a rental in order to access such information solely where the driver is in breach of the rental agreement (by failing to return the vehicle on time or by driving into unauthorised territories) or to assist in the defence and management of claims following an accident involving the vehicle. Legal Basis: for our legitimate interests to protect our assets, enforce our terms and conditions and defend and manage claims.
- to track the vehicle to enable us to provide information to you as you drive about areas of historic or leisure interest, restaurants, service or recharging stations or other places or services of interest; Legal Basis: on the basis of your consent.
- WEBSITES: If you use our websites we may process your Personal Data as follows:
- Aggregated or anonymized information: We may share with other third parties aggregate or anonymized information about our website users, such as your use of this website, and the services provided on this website, as well as any rental, purchase, or utilization information.
- Social media: If you participate in certain public features of our websites, apps, or social media websites/apps, please note that any information you or others voluntarily disclose through use of such features, becomes available to the public and/or other users whom you have designated. If you choose to provide access credentials to designated individuals, please be aware that any information you provide to us may be visible to such individuals. We are not responsible for the information that you or others choose to disclose publicly, and such information is not subject to this Policy.
- Links to third parties: We may provide links to third-party websites or may be linked to from third-party websites. Since we do not control third-party sites, and we are not responsible for any information you may provide while on such sites, we encourage you to read the privacy policies on those websites before providing applicable third parties with your information.
Sharing of Information Collected.THIRD PARTY COMPANIES We may share your Personal Data with third parties in the following circumstances:
- To provide services to you: We may share your personal data among ourselves, our Franchisees, and other companies to
provide services to you, including to:
make your rental reservations. provide you with customer assistance. process and/or confirm your transactions. bill and collect amounts owed in connection with your rentals. provide you with enhanced rental services, such as services provided in connection our loyalty program. for customer satisfaction and market research purposes to help us improve our services.
- Disclosure to companies you use: We will also share your information with companies you use in connection with your
your credit or debit card provider and other companies that process your charges. any intermediary you use, such as a travel agent or broker, in relation to any aspect of your rental.
- Protective and legal uses: We may use, share and disclose your personal data for legal reasons as we believe
necessary or appropriate, including to:
comply with applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence. recover our vehicles or any monies due, such as debt collection agencies. process, handle or otherwise respond to claims for damages, including for bodily injury or property damage. protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our Franchisees, you or others. allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain. protect our operations or those of any of our Franchisees. respond to requests from public and government authorities including those outside your country of residence. comply with legal process. enforce our terms and conditions.
- Retention of Information Collected.
- Data Retention: We retain personal data about our customers for as long as we believe is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, or unless otherwise allowed or required by law. We collect Personal Data for a number of purposes (above) and may be required to retain it for legal reasons for a period which is longer than the time we require or use the data for the purpose of providing our rental services to you. We maintain a data retention policy to cover all the Personal Data we retain across our systems. If you have any questions about the retention period applying to the Personal Data we collect about you, please contact us (see Section F.).
- Security Measures: Information is stored and accessed in various locations and through cloud services. Servers which store information are primarily located in Canada, the United States, and Europe, although storage may occur in other locations as well. We use reasonable administrative, technical, personnel, and physical measures (a) to safeguard Personal Data against loss, theft, unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification; and (b) to ensure the integrity of your Personal Data. To help us protect your privacy, you should maintain the secrecy of any logon IDs and passwords, Member numbers, or other identifiers or credentials you may have set up or were provided with in connection with your participation in or use of our products, services, or websites.
- Information Transmissions: As you may be aware, there is no completely secure method of transmitting or storing data. Although their physical characteristics are different, postal mail, telephone calls, text messages, faxes and transmissions over the Internet or wireless networks all present possibilities of loss, misrouting, interception and misuse of the data that is transmitted. If you have reason to believe that any account with us is no longer secure, you must immediately contact us. We try to strike a balance between the security of your data and your convenience. As a result, we may sometimes use a method of communication that is less secure than a less convenient alternative. For example, but not limitation, we may send you an e-mail or a text message in unencrypted form (i.e. instantly readable) because many of our customers are unable to access encrypted (i.e. coded) e-mail or messages. This means that our message, if misrouted or intercepted, could be read more easily than encrypted messages. Such messages may contain Personal Data. Please do not include confidential information, such as your credit or debit card number or account passwords, within any e-mail or text you send to us or on any posting you make to a public area of a third-party social network page, especially since any such posting immediately becomes public. For a more secure way to communicate with us over the Internet, please click on the “Contact Us” link on any of our websites.
- To provide services to you: We may share your personal data among ourselves, our Franchisees, and other companies to provide services to you, including to:
Your Rights.May include but is not limited to:
- You have the right to request access to, review, and update your Personal Data covered by this Policy, and can request this by contacting us at the details set out in Section F. below. While we will make reasonable efforts to accommodate your request, we also reserve the right to impose certain restrictions and requirements on such access requests, if allowed or required by applicable laws. If you are a member of our loyalty program, you may update the information in your member profile by logging into your applicable member profile.
- You also have the right to:
- request rectification of your Personal Data where the information that we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete
- object to the processing of your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes, including profiling to the extent it relates to direct marketing;
- object to the processing of your Personal Data where our legal basis for that processing is that such processing is necessary for our legitimate interests, subject to any overriding legitimate grounds that we may have for the processing;
- object to automated decision making (including profiling) in certain circumstances;
- request erasure of your Personal Data in certain circumstances, such as where processing is no longer necessary for the purpose it was originally collected for and there is no compelling reason for us to continue to process (or store) it;
- request restriction of your Personal Data in certain circumstances, such as that we do not process certain of your Personal Data (other than merely by storing them) following a rental in circumstances where all matters relating to the rental have been completed and the data is being stored only to meet certain legal (e.g. tax) requirements; and
- receive (or ask us to transmit to another organization) your Personal Data that you have provided to us which we process by automated means where our processing is either based on your consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with you.
- In addition, where we process your Personal Data based on your consent, you can withdraw that consent at any time.
Questions or Changes.
- CONTACT US: We do business in many countries and aim to comply with the privacy laws applicable to the Personal Data
we collect and use. Should you have a concern or complaint about our handling of your Personal Data, you may contact us directly via
the methods described below. We will work to respond and resolve your complaints in an expeditious manner. You also have the right to
lodge a complaint with a competent data protection supervisory authority in your jurisdiction.
Please contact us by emailing over our contact form or writing to the address below if you have any questions, wish to exercise your rights
of access, or seek other assistance as described above.
- Data Protection Officer
- ZERO Carbon Technologies Inc.
- #2120 – 21000 Westminster Highway
- Richmond, B.C.
- Canada, V6V 2S9
- CHANGES: We reserve the right to change this Policy at any time for any reason by posting revisions on this webpage. Such changes will be effective upon posting but will not apply retroactively. Whenever we make a material change, we will note the date of such update in the introductory page above and post a note on the home page of our website.
- CONTACT US: We do business in many countries and aim to comply with the privacy laws applicable to the Personal Data we collect and use. Should you have a concern or complaint about our handling of your Personal Data, you may contact us directly via the methods described below. We will work to respond and resolve your complaints in an expeditious manner. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a competent data protection supervisory authority in your jurisdiction. Please contact us by emailing over our contact form or writing to the address below if you have any questions, wish to exercise your rights of access, or seek other assistance as described above.